I am asking for your prayers...

Please meet José Manuel.

I remember him as active, fun loving, and hard to slow down. He loved hugs and small touches of affection. Sometimes he would just come along as we visited other patients, staying close.

José is fighting for his life, and currently losing. When Jon and I saw him last week, our hearts broke. The tumor near his eye is the size of a grapefruit, or bigger, as it has taken over the whole side of his face. He labors to breathe, while eating is pretty much out of the picture. He told Jon he is having a lot of pain.

I found myself weeping in the shower, begging the Lord for mercy on this sweet boy. I know the Lord can touch him; I know He can heal him. I pray for that. And if this is
José's time, whether I understand or not, may it be peaceful and painless, which would also be a miracle.

Please pray with me.



4 Response to "I am asking for your prayers..."

  1. Anonymous Says:
    June 16, 2010 at 1:41 PM

    i'll pray for him. how sweet of a boy! layne, your heart, the heart the Lord continues to give you, is incredible. thank you for being the mother to those who dont have one available for so many reasons. what He is doing in you is amazing! love you

  2. Jenni Says:
    June 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM

    I will pray Layne!

  3. Lynne Hartke says:
    June 16, 2010 at 6:30 PM

    Jesus, you reached out and touched children and blessed them. You said, "Don't keep the children away from me for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

    Touch Jose Manuel, Jesus
    Bless him.
    Hold him in your arms.
    And bring your Kingdom into his world.
    Today.
    Right now.
    Your kingdom come, your will be done
    On earth as it is in heaven.
    Amen

  4. Unknown says:
    June 18, 2010 at 10:08 PM

    Oh my dear Laynee Poo...We serve an awesome God who can and will. What He is doing your lives, and those He places in your lives, are from heaven itself. We tend to take our eyes off of that part, and yet it is the most profound. Because of who you are in Him, He will receive the glory and use you in ways others will never know or experience. Oh that God will entrust you with more, Jose's and Amelia's.
    Lord Jesus we come to Your throne on behalf of little Jose. Lord Jesus we cannot fathom the love You have for this dear child,yet by faith we know that You are in complete control. As Your hands are at work, we ask that Your will will be done. Have mercy on little Jose we pray, and may Your love overflow and comfort Him....Amen!
    Thank you Jon and Layne for being soooo faithful. May our Lord bless you and keep you both~
    Dad
    2 Tim. 4:7

Post a Comment