Approaching the Half Way Mark

As many, if not most, of you know, I am having a baby girl. Miss Anaya Hosanna is already so dearly loved. It is such a different and wonderful feeling being able to call her by name. I love imagining our life with her!

She currently about the length of a bell pepper, or 5 1/2 inches long. She is likely able to hear my heartbeat and possibly our voices at this stage. Many prayers and songs are in order!

I have felt her moving a bit these days. It is still not consistent and not very strong, but "flutters" is a good way people describe it. I cannot wait for more definite kicks and for Jon to be able to join the fun of feeling her in there.

I've gained about 8-9 pounds, which according to charts is pretty on schedule for gaining between 25-35lbs total. I've noticed that I have gained in two little spurts so far, each of about 4-5 pounds, and each over a 1 week period. It will be interesting to watch and figure out my "norm". I haven't really had the urge to eat more than usual.

I keep posting these morning pictures with no make-up, but I figure these bummy gaucho pants give you a good look at my growing belly. =) I am still able to wear my old clothes with my belly-band on or a rubber band around the button. I am trying to enjoy it while I can, because I have a feeling those days are coming to an end soon.

I told Jon the other day, "I feel like I've been pregnant for such a long time!" Ha. I laugh thinking about it, but it's the truth. I keep thinking to myself how good I'm doing to be able to wear my old clothes still, and how I don't feel like my tummy is that big. But then I was hit with the realization that I still have 4 and a half to five months... aka FOREVER. Anyways, I am going to focus on the 20 week mark for now, since that one is only a week and a half or so away. Downhill from there, right? ;)

4 Response to "Approaching the Half Way Mark"

  1. ninismom33 says:
    September 25, 2010 at 2:49 AM

    You are the cutest thing - morning pictures or not;) I wish you would stop referring to my niece as a food item..first the pinto bean, now the bell pepper. I know it's for our visualization, but weird still. Your so scientific and informative about it all:) Enjoy the pregnancy and the peace and quiet! Read it up girlfriend, you'll be busy soon enough. Keep the pictures coming, makes me feel like I'm there. XOXOX

  2. Amy Wilson says:
    September 25, 2010 at 2:08 PM

    Enjoy every moment;) The pregnancy is the easiest part;) But the rest is fun too! You guys are already amazing parents. I know that little Anaya is growing strong under the amazing amount of love and prayers going into her growth and development;) xoxo

  3. Vicki Says:
    September 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM

    Haha, Stephanie -- pinto bean and bell pepper, indeed!
    Layne, the best thing about being as far along as you are is NO MORE NAUSEA. It's just crazy seeing these pictures of your belly -- Anaya is bigger every time. May she grow in love and grace as she grows in stature. Love you!

  4. judykprescott says:
    September 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM

    OH! Ya'll are adorable :) It really is a fun stage coming now, feeling little Miss Anaya more and more.... and yes Jon feeling her as well... oh good memories ;) SOOO happy for the two of you! This first one is terribly exciting! Enjoy :) : Love you all!

Post a Comment