17 weeks left... or 23 weeks along =)

Biggest news on little Anaya is her frequent activity in my belly. (I know, I know, she's been moving all along, but I am just now feeling her.) I love it! Her movements ease my mind and get me daydreaming about who she is and what she'll look like. It definitely helps it feel more real. She responds to her Daddy's voice when he talks to her, which is precious to me. Since her kicks are so new to me, I find myself trying to wake her up and feel a kick here and there... Jon tells me I should let her sleep. =)

As for me, I am growing! I am about 14lbs up and rounding nicely. I still feel really, really good. Yay for the 2nd trimester! Most days, besides big belly and a creature moving inside, I hardly know I am pregnant. Jon and I have been trying to go on consistent walks with our dog, which is good for keeping me moving and active. No extra hunger and no cravings thus far.

When Jon and I sing and pray before going to the hospital, Jon usually ends up praying for Anaya as well. Lately I find myself crying as we pray over her. Sometimes it is probably just hormones gone wild, but sometimes it is thinking about this precious life to be used by the Lord, which we already hand over to Him.

I'm ready for the holidays. My calendar is filling up and I am counting down until February. I think it will be here before I know it, and I'll have my baby girl in my arms!

7 Response to "17 weeks left... or 23 weeks along =)"

  1. Holly Jacks says:
    October 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM

    You look so beautiful Layne with your Anaya bump. :)

  2. Lacey says:
    October 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM

    I'm so so so excited for you and Jon. You are such a beautiful pregnant woman Layne! I love hearing about this journey you are on, especially with Anaya. You are such an encouragement. Love ya!

  3. Lynne Hartke says:
    October 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

    I used to try to wake up my kiddos too. It was always so reassuring to feel them move. But now I have to agree with Jon. Let her sleep!

  4. ninismom33 says:
    October 27, 2010 at 3:42 AM

    Layne,
    It is weird how much you look like Tara in this picture! Your face, you could be twins in this one! Your so cute - I love my precious niece so much already!! Keep up the praying for her - there can never be too much:)

  5. judykprescott says:
    October 27, 2010 at 4:18 AM

    Oh my Layne you are going to be such a good mommy :) Yes, and Jon a good daddy;) I am so thankful to God for Anaya Hosanna. You look GREAT by the way:) I always had that exact feeling that as they were active I was satisfied all was well:)

  6. Linda Burnham says:
    October 27, 2010 at 1:19 PM

    Hi Layne: You are looking wonderful and healthy. Isn't it so amazing to have a new little life growing inside you. I loved when they kicked, it looked so funny to have your stomach move. You and Jon will be awesome parents, little Anaya is so blessed to have the both of you in her life.
    Do you think that Gasher will be jealous when she arrives? Take good care of yourself and your precious little baby girl. Love and hugs, Linda B.

  7. Nana ... Vicki Says:
    October 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

    I love that you are counting DOWN instead of UP. It's exciting to see the number getting smaller and smaller as you near that special date in February.
    I thought the same thing, Stephanie -- she looks so much like Tara in this picture :-)
    Enjoy the happy days of pregnancy, Layne! Such a special time, ... so full of dreams and prayers, ... such a profound impact on your bond with Jon, ... and a time to hear God speak to your heart in unique ways.
    I love and pray for you!

Post a Comment