Jovie Update/ Mommy update

3rd trimester? Really?!

Okay, so when I think back to the day I took that little test, it does seem forever ago.



Now we're at 27.5 weeks pregnant! This picture is at 26 weeks:



Again, I have been blessed with an easy pregnancy, and I praise the Lord! As I move into the 3rd trimester, it is time for naps. I have started having slumps when Anaya naps around 1, and just this week I've been decidedly taking advantage of my 1-childness state and resting! It is hard for me, not to feel lazy.

While this pregnancy has been easy enough, it has been more uncomfortable than my pregnancy with Anaya. I get more cramps/aches and pains. The end of the day brings a sore belly. I think lifting a 20+ pound child all day would be the culprit! =) I don't sleep well, though I didn't with Anaya either. I remember thinking I got so much rest when Anaya was born! I could sleep on my tummy, and I didn't have to pee 4 times a night. Ugh!

I have gained about 18lbs now. I think is right about where I was with Anaya. With Anaya I hardly gained in my 3rd trimester, and I hoping for the same with Jovie girl... we'll see! My regular jeans still go on, just no buttoning, so I feel like I'm doing fine.

Jovie is estimated at a healthy 2.6 pounds, which of course my doctor thinks is on the large side. When you live in a 3rd world country, babies aren't born big. When I saw Jovie today she was taste testing her umbilical cord! Silly girl. She is a hand sucker, which I hope to mean another thumb sucker on the way. =)

Time is running, and before I know it I will have 2 little girls in my arms! Hard to imagine really.

6 Response to "Jovie Update/ Mommy update"

  1. Bethany says:
    March 27, 2012 at 2:31 PM

    You look beautiful!! Glad to hear the pregnancy has been easy so far. Don't feel lazy about sleeping during the day or not doing much. That baby is taking a lot out of you and your body is merely responding to that fact. Still, I can't imagine you ever be happy with sitting still no matter the reason!

  2. Lynne Hartke says:
    March 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM

    So exciting! I'm so glad Anaya will have a little sister.

  3. Beautiful Warrior says:
    March 27, 2012 at 11:12 PM

    Yay for a healthy pregnancy! In my experience, each pregnancy got just a little harder. You are wise to get rest when you can. Enjoy these last couple months of one-on-one Anaya time... but know that even more fun times are on the horizon!

  4. Nana Says:
    March 28, 2012 at 6:55 PM

    Rest, rest, rest, Layne! This is your only chance!!!!!
    I'm so, so excited .... can hardly wait to see our little Jovie baby :-)

  5. Heather@Cultivated Lives says:
    March 29, 2012 at 5:38 AM

    It does go by faster the second time around, doesn't it?!?!?!? I've always needed naps in the 3rd trimester. I considered a ministry to the rest of my family! ;) I was much happier and had the energy and patience to finish our day off well.

  6. bleedingdaughter says:
    April 2, 2012 at 5:45 AM

    :)

Post a Comment