A More Scheduled Life

I am not a scheduler... I like to be in the know, knowing what things need to be accomplished by when, and no worries, I'll get them done when I feel most motivated or most stressed. That's when I do my best work, always have. But when it comes to allotted times for specific things I tend to feel caged.

Nonetheless, Jon and I are going to give a shot to a more scheduled life, feeling like we are not being the most productive with our mornings. There is no punishment system in place, nothing to be feared, just goals. Maybe I'll feel less "caged", right?

Today is day one. My first urge is to rebel. Why? So strange.

Jon leaned over to wake me up with a kiss. He gently asked if I was getting up to exercise. It was 5:45. I moaned and shut my eyes. He went on to get ready. I made the decision - Get UP! Scratching my protruding belly I walked to the restroom, thinking the whole time, "I am not a morning worker-outer." It's true, I'm not. The fact is, however, I am also a tired Mommy, so if I think I'll do it after Anaya goes to bed, there is a good chance I won't. Afternoon naps = too hot. I will become a morning worker-outer. At least for now.

I giggle when I think about my schedule. There isn't much on it for now. I know with Anaya I have to have time to be Mommy most of the day.

Another goal for today - meal planning. I tend to plan my meals the morning of. I tend go to the store a lot. I am going to try to plan a week at a time, and grocery shop 1-2x a week. Fruits and veggies don't last here like they do in the States, so we'll see how that goes.

Later this week I will be planning activities for Anaya. I would like to start 2-3x a week doing a little organized "learning/exploring" time, short but purposeful and planned. I've found some good websites for 1-2 year olds. If you Mommies have any suggestions, they would be very welcomed!

Okay, I'm cooled down from working out... to breakfast and then meal planning! I got lucky this morning, Anaya is being a sleepy head!

3 Response to "A More Scheduled Life"

  1. Beautiful Warrior says:
    March 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM

    Sounds like a good plan. You are so disciplined to work out while pregnant! Go girl.

  2. Vicki Says:
    March 5, 2012 at 11:00 PM

    I'm praying for you, Layne! I have tried all my life to schedule myself; it doesn't come naturally. But I keep trying. Good for you, dearie!

  3. bleedingdaughter says:
    March 9, 2012 at 8:35 AM

    ahhh... planning. good job. i'll, uh, encourage you --yay! YOU do that!

Post a Comment