Happy Birthday, Anaya!

I remember the day as if it were yesterday. I was being induced by a small pill that would be inserted into my cervix. I was nervous about the day ahead, but anxious to meet my daughter and prepared as I ever could be. To read about the day:

Birth Story


(What a strange moment, and yet so terribly right.)

Somehow, Mommyhood just happened. Anaya came into our lives, and we were parents. The last year has been full of joy, growing and stretching. She has been the easiest of babies, and as her name's meaning, I look up to God and give a shout of praise!

As her personality develops, and I get to know this little girl of God, I marvel at His handiwork. When I think that the Lord has entrusted her to Jon and I to shape and develop, I am humbled, and a bit overwhelmed. May we be faithful.

I cannot wait to see the Lord's plans and purposes for her future.

Happy Birthday, my beautiful, flawless girl! (Song of Songs 4:7)

3 Response to "Happy Birthday, Anaya!"

  1. Nana Says:
    February 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

    Happy Birthday, precious granddaughter!
    Love and prayers from Nana <3

  2. Anna says:
    February 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM

    It's so good to read your experiences with mommyhood & Africa...It makes me believe that miracles really happen, even today:)!

  3. judykprescott says:
    February 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM

    I cannot wait to see too Layne ;) God is SO GOOD!!!!

Post a Comment