Bragging on Anaya

A lot of my posts have been about Jovie lately, so I thought I'd take a minute and brag on my first born. Anaya is only 17 months, but her vocabulary continues to amaze Jon and me. I decided to write a list of her words of as many as I could think of, more for myself to get an idea of what all she is saying and keep it for her baby book, but I thought I'd share. She will repeat almost anything you say, but the following are words she says regularly, on her own. Yes, she sounds like a 17 month old saying them, so they are not perfect pronunciation, but you'd be surprised at some of them!

Says upon recognition
Lion (Grrrr)
Giraffe
Zebra
Hippo
Turtle
Elephant (Noise w/mouth)
Dog (Woof)
Cat (Meow)
Bird (Tweet)
Mouse
Cow (Moo)
Bunny
Frog
Baa Baa (Instead of sheep)
Horse
Duck (Quack)
Whale
Fish (fish face)
Ladybug
Snail
Pig
Owl (Hoo, hoo)
Gobble gobble (Instead of turkey)
Octopus (doesn’t sound much like it, but consistent 3 syllable word?)


Can say and locate
Eye
Ear
Nose
Toe
Hand
Knee
Belly button
Mouth
Teeth

Other Words
Bible
Mary
Joseph
Jesus
Amen
Yes
No
Uh-oh
Bye
Ta-ta
Hi
Outside
Kids
Water
Buckle
Play
Brush
Shoes
Rock
Flower
Book
Heart
Hat
Car
Pillow
Bath
Bubbles
Towel
Bed
Teddy
Cover
Baby
Dress
Help
On
Off
Dance
Down
Pot
Cook
Delicious
Home
Watch
Elmo
Dangerous
Goodness
Ball
Guitar
Clock
Computer
Rock (as in rocking in the rocker)
Row (as in Row, row, row your boat)
Trash
Cry
Pat
Poop
Toot
Burp
Spit up (sounds more just like ‘up’)
Bite
Milk
Juice
Apple
Banana
Grape
Cheese
Orange
Egg
Tomato
Cracker
Cookie
Cake
Bread
Mais (More in Portuguese)
Thanks
Please (not consistent)

Names
Anaya
Dada
Mama
Jovie
Gasher
(Plus possessive form of all – Dada’s, Mama’s , etc. in reference to whose things they are)

Gee
Pa
Nana
Papa
Tara
Boog
Nini

4 Response to "Bragging on Anaya"

  1. Erika Says:
    July 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM

    Wow!!! I can't believe she's able to say all those words. I am impressed. She is one very very clever little princess. Enjoy

  2. judykprescott says:
    July 11, 2012 at 4:11 AM

    Well heavens!!!! Anaya girl is a smart cookie ;) Love it and her ;) XXXOOO

  3. bleedingdaughter says:
    July 11, 2012 at 5:06 AM

    im surprised you compiled this list. i wouldve had to start in the baby book and add to it! my recall is sometimes not the best. thats super cute that she says delicious.

  4. Nana Says:
    July 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM

    I absolutely could not believe all of Anaya's words that I heard with my own ears the other day on the phone! Get ready for a girl who will be able to talk her way into/out-of/through-or-around just about any scenario. Go Anaya!!

Post a Comment