Not Done

A friend of mine here in Mozambique just announced she was pregnant with her second. I am so very excited for her. When I saw the announcement on facebook though, I felt funny tinge of jealousy. Seriously, Layne? Jovie is 4 weeks old! No, I am not going to try and get pregnant right away. We actually will get on birth control this time, however, I told Jon that I'm pretty sure I am going to want a third. I hear when you are done having kids, most women just know. Well, I'm not there. To think of never being pregnant again is a sad thought to me.

When I told Jon that I just love the process he laughed and said, "No you don't!" I do. I don't love the last uncomfortable couple of months, but who does really? I love the first appointment, all nervous and anxious to see the little bean and the pulsing heart. I love reading about the current week of development and all that is being created inside of me. I love all the ultrasounds I get, seeing the baby's first profile shot. I love finding out the gender, no matter if it is a girl or a boy, it is just exciting. I love deciding on a meaningful name and slowly working it into our family even before birth. I love the first moments of feeling the baby kick, and then the first time Jon gets to feel it. I love seeing my baby for the first time after delivery, and feeling like you've kinda known them already. Yeah... I love all that. I hope to do it again sometime.

As for my Anaya girl... she seems like such a big girl these days. Her little personality is so fun. I frequently tell her, "Anaya, you are such an enjoyable girl!" Some day she'll probably roll her eyes at me for such comments, but it won't bother me, I'll just say them all the more. She is smart, funny, daring, determined, sensitive, and absolutely beautiful. I couldn't love her more!

And my Jovie... she is growing and changing by the day. She has these hysterical guttural laughs that she makes in her sleep. She grunts more than any baby I've ever known, and I frequently exclaim, "Goodness!"or "Holy cow!". She has this little grin she'll make when I'm talking in too high of a pitch and making crazy faces in attempts to get a response... totally worth my craziness. I love this little person and cannot wait to know her better.



3 Response to "Not Done"

  1. Nana and Papa Says:
    July 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

    What gorgeous precious little girls! What priceless granddaughters you've given us!
    Ooooh -- we wait with breathless anticipation for the "third". Maybe it will be twins or triplets!!! Haha :-D

  2. Beautiful Warrior says:
    July 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM

    Reading this made me happy. : )

  3. judykprescott says:
    August 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM

    It made me happy ;) Love you (and your blogs:))

Post a Comment