Keeping the Fire

I'll be honest, it is hard to find time for romance with a 18 month old and a 6 week old. By the time the girls are in bed, I'm in veg mode or frantic clean everything up and then pass out mode. I feel like maybe it'll be better when Jovie girl goes to bed at a reasonable hour and isn't feeding at 7 and 10 or 8 and 11. Once we drop that evening feeding, we'll be back to having 7:30pm-7am to ourselves again. Jovie just started taking a bottle and I just started pumping, so maybe a babysitter is even on the horizon. While that is all good and well, I am still married and still need a little lovin' with my hubby. Can I get an 'amen'?

Because I married such a stellar guy, last night he planned an evening by the fire with me. Sure, it couldn't happen until about 9-9:30pm, but he went outside, made a fire in our fire pit, and got some marshmallows to roast and hot chocolate to drink. We put on our pea-coats, pretending it was cold enough for them and enjoyed an evening sitting on a bench, talking about our relationship from when we met to Jovie being born. It was fun reminiscing. There was some laughing and even some tears. Such a sweet time with the one I love most.

Now, it took some determination to make it happen and were it not for my hubby's insistence, I might have said, "Not tonight." Don't you guys with kiddos know, however, that every night will turn into to a "not tonight". Sometimes you just gotta stay up later than normal, push aside your tiredness, and be purposeful about romance. And that is just what Jon did for me. (And I said romance, not sex! While many times they go hand in hand, we ladies like some straight up romance.)

I think we both enjoyed it so much, we'll make more concerted efforts to continue.

I love you, Jon Heller! You've always been the exception. I am so proud to be your wifey-wife.

5 Response to "Keeping the Fire"

  1. Lacey says:
    August 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

    How do your posts always make me cry? I love it!

  2. Erika Says:
    August 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM

    Well all you can really do is say thank you to God. You have a wonderful husband, and I am glad for you. I too, have a stunning hubby.

  3. Carolyn Cruz (Leigh) Says:
    August 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM

    You guys are perfect for each other! :)

  4. Vicki Says:
    August 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM

    Makin' me cry. And smile :)

  5. judykprescott says:
    August 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

    That was beautifully said :)

Post a Comment