Starting some 'Preschool' Activites

Anaya soaks up one on one time. She loves playing pretend, coloring, painting, reading, singing, etc. Her little brain fascinates me, how she has been hard wired to learn. I've decided that while she is only 18 months, she's ready for some intentional learning on my part. I've been intrigued by the whole 'play based learning' theory, and so with some research I am coming up with activities she would enjoy.

We are also rearranging our guest room to have a small learning space for the girls. We sold a couch that was in there, so now I have a small budget to work with. I've gotten a little plastic table and chairs and plan to start my supply of crafty items. Also, Jon is going to build us a light table to work on. I'm super excited. I'll post pictures when I'm done creating/decorating.

The idea of homeschooling elementary overwhelmed me a bit. I may have my teaching degree, but it is to teach high school English, and even then I haven't been in practice in a long time, however, I am starting to think I can rock this. ;)


Anaya is a pro at the role playing, imaginative play. =)


Notice the cute pink chairs. 

To start our activities, I decided to do something we already had on hand. I hid 6 blue marbles in rice and let Anaya search for them. As she found them, we counted them. I think she like the rice more than the marbles! I'd like to do this again with various colors, to work on colors as well as counting. She loved it!






4 Response to "Starting some 'Preschool' Activites"

  1. Beautiful Warrior says:
    August 16, 2012 at 3:35 PM

    How fun! You are totally going to rock homeschooling. It is weird to hear "Anaya" and "preschool" in the same sentence, though. Claire is still my baby girl!

  2. Vicki Heller says:
    August 17, 2012 at 7:02 AM

    Go Mommy!

  3. judykprescott says:
    August 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

    You are totally going to rock teaching those precious girls!

  4. Heather@Cultivated Lives says:
    August 21, 2012 at 6:08 AM

    Way to go!!!!!! You can totally rock it! The beautiful thing is that you don't need grace to homeschool the elementary years (yet). You just need grace for today to create a loving, playful, intentional atsmosphere with your beautiful daughter! And it is clear He is providing that in abundance for you. Enjoy these special times with Anaya!

Post a Comment