Some More Activites with Anaya

I'm proud of myself keeping up with Anaya's daily activities. While we will cycle through through them and repeat, for now most days are new and exciting.

This one is one of the easiest and one of my favorites for working with colors. Get 2 pieces of contrasting colors of construction paper and then go hunt for a variety of toys those colors. I hide them in a gift bag and hand them to Anaya one by one and have her place them on the correct sheet of paper. At first I thought the activity was a little too old for her, but by the second time we tried she understood. I don't like her to become frustrated, so if she decides to play with the toys instead of placing them on the paper, no biggie, we try again later. She now asks to do it from time to time. 



This was another fun one for Mama, because I got to be part of the reward. YUM. =) I baked cookies in the shapes of ABC and 123 and then whipped up some frosting colored red, blue, and green. I  let Anaya frost and sprinkle her cookies. She'd repeat was letter it was and what color she was using. Then it was off to the bath. Ha! Hard to believe Anaya used to not like feeling different textures and getting dirty.




Then today we played with Russian nesting dolls. Aunt Tara, who knew when you bought me these in Russia, my daughter would love playing with them? She had so much fun and played for such a long time, content as could be. She liked saying things like "big one" and "little one".






I made a few things I have made for Anaya (with Jon's help) to encourage reading. We made her a little "nook" to read in and a book pocket to store some books. It has surprised me a little just how much Anaya enjoys her new things. You should hear her say "nook". So cute.





I am really enjoying being this girl's Mama. She is so delightful and eager to learn.

4 Response to "Some More Activites with Anaya"

  1. Erika Says:
    August 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM

    I love it. You'll have to visit to help me with the girls' rooms.

  2. Nana Says:
    August 29, 2012 at 12:46 AM

    How wonderful! You make Mama-ing so much fun, Layne.

  3. bleedingdaughter says:
    September 3, 2012 at 5:52 PM

    this is called starting off homeschooling on the perfect foot. how awesome!

  4. judykprescott says:
    September 9, 2012 at 4:20 AM

    I can't believe I didn't post on this one! Anaya is SO cute in these being all serious :) Love all you are doing! I agree off to some kind of fun homeschooling!!!

Post a Comment