Little Packs of Love

I was driving down the road today and saw a man shuffling along with a make shift cane. My heart went out to him and I breathed my usual prayer for the Lord to bless him especially today, for Him to heal. Because of various reasons, we have come to the conclusion that giving money is not always the best, so we rarely if ever do. Still I am left feeling a bit helpless, wanting to communicate the love of Christ in the few seconds that I am near in my car, but not sure how.

Today I had an idea, I think from the Lord, to assemble little packs of food items with a scripture and carry them in my car. Then when I am moved by the Holy Spirit, I will have a way to bless them.

I've had ideas before, but never followed through with them, so I knew I better just do it. Jon had the girls and I was alone, so I ran into a store, grabbed a few items (oranges, cheese puffs, fruity chewy candy), and then assembled them as soon as I got home. I'll have to update and let you know how it goes handing them. I hope my girls can take part, too! (Jovie is a little young at the moment...) I'll let Anaya help me put them together and if she wants, hand them out from her carseat.

The plan is to refill once a week. We're starting with 12 little packs.







7 Response to "Little Packs of Love"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    August 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM

    That is a great idea and you never know how it will touch someone. I always think maybe I should keep some fruit in the car and do the same when I see someone homeless. Maybe
    we can do that too and the kids can help. It is great to get them to see others in need and
    help come up with creative ways to help!

  2. Anonymous Says:
    August 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM

    We've done this before too, when we lived in Cali! We got ziplocs together and put little things in them like, a piece of gum, small soap, sweets, etc and each item had a verse coinciding with them... Like gum, we'd pick a verse on "refreshing"... U get the point. Very neat layne. I pray people r blessed and u r too.

  3. Vicki Says:
    August 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

    What a lovely idea, Layne! Can't wait to hear how it goes -- especially how Anaya likes doing it :-)

  4. Beautiful Warrior says:
    August 15, 2012 at 5:22 AM

    Great idea! I look forward to hearing some beautiful stories.

  5. Erika Says:
    August 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM

    What a great idea. So glad that you are blessed to be a blessing to others.

  6. Leigh Says:
    August 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM

    Love this!

  7. bleedingdaughter says:
    August 18, 2012 at 4:22 AM

    this is great! funny thing, mom started trying to do this at one point; she got canned things and put scripture on them. whenever she had them in the car, there were never any homeless! i think that was Gods way of keeping the homeless from can -opener- less frustration.

Post a Comment