Discovery Bottles

My new addiction. I love these! Old plastic soda bottles turned into toys/learning tools. Be sure and hot glue the lids shut so you don't end up with a mess on your hands.


Here's a few. I made other ones featured below, not in my little line here.


Kiddos can even join in the making!

 

This is half a bottle water + food coloring and half oil. Makes cool waves that are difficult to get a good photo of.

 

Also makes cool colored bubbles when shaken.


Anaya calls the pink one the "pretty one". Water + glitter. If you use shampoo, hair gel, or corn syrup, it will fall slower, but those things are a little expensive here and the water is still fun.

The green on is water + food coloring + dish soap. Bubbles!


I cut some ribbon to watch float around. It is fun to watch float around.

Next one is toothpicks + rice. Cool shaker that kind of sounds like rain.



 Water + food coloring + marbles and shampoo + marbles. We can compare the way the marbles fall.

And the last one is very versatile. I cut up the letter of the alphabet and put them in peas. You roll the bottle around searching for different letters. You can put plastic items/animals and do an eye-spy. Older kids can do sight words or spelling list. So great! Anaya actually likes this one a lot.

I am going to make a static electricity one this afternoon when one of my bottles dries. You put little pieces of styrofoam and little pieces of tissue paper then rub the bottle on the carpet and on your hair. Fun!



3 Response to "Discovery Bottles"

  1. judykprescott says:
    September 9, 2012 at 4:17 AM

    Layne, these are so cool and fun! I know Anaya is enjoying, I almost want to do this in Sunday School!!!! (maybe just one or two :) )

  2. Vicki Heller says:
    September 9, 2012 at 7:23 PM

    So fabulous! I look forward to playing with some of these with Mati. Thanks!!!

  3. Corey Says:
    November 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

    we are gonna make these for the sobrinos in nicaragua, today... thanks for the ideas!!

Post a Comment