So it's been awhile...

It a has been awhile since my last post. Jose went on the be with the Lord, and Jon posted a beautiful blog in honor of him at www.jonandlayne.com so I didn't feel the need to post on here.

As of late, I have been sick with a yucky lingering cold. Jon had it first, and then I caught it and can't kick it. The most frustrating part about it is that I cannot go visit the ladies at the hospital. While they are on Chemo, their immune system is low, and I cannot risk passing this on. Boo! I miss them!

The other night Jon and I met with some other missionaries for a time of prayer and worship. We shared about some of the struggles of being a missionary and then spent some time with the Lord. I was reminded in my Spirit that "being a missionary" is nothing more than "being Layne" and loving the people I encounter.

We sang a song and for the life of me I cannot remember the name or find the lyrics, but what I got out of it was that I want to seek the face of the Lord. That is all we need, to seek the face of the Lord. It isn't about "opportunities" or "making a difference", it is about seeking the face of the Lord... in the little boy on the street, in the women laying in the hospital bed, in the cashier at the grocery store, etc.

And Jesus, He is beautiful. So this week, seek Jesus in the people around you. Find His beauty, when others may not.

5 Response to "So it's been awhile..."

  1. judykprescott says:
    July 8, 2010 at 4:41 AM

    Good word Layne! I needed that:)

  2. Jon Says:
    July 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM

    I love you my dear. THIS HAS BEEN A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY POSTING SYSTEM.

  3. Vicki Heller Says:
    July 8, 2010 at 5:49 PM

    trying to comment .. will I succeed?

  4. Vicki Heller Says:
    July 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM

    Yeay!!!!

  5. Unknown says:
    July 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM

    Hey Buck...The song and the lyrics don't matter, the experience and the His presence is what is pricelss. I love ya to pieces mieces ;)Dad

Post a Comment