Made it to 36 weeks. +/-26 days left!

We are approaching February and the birth of my first little girl. So exciting! I cannot wait to hold and cuddle her.

Yesterday at our appointment we monitored Anaya's heartbeat. During the 3 minute check, Anaya's heartbeat dropped alarmingly low. My doctor ordered that I go to Labor and Delivery and be monitored for 20 minutes. It was my 1st appointment without my hubby, since he's been at a sports training all week. I felt pretty in control, as I called him to give a quick update. He decided to drive up and come sit with me. When I saw him, a few tears escaped. I was nervous.

During the 20 minute monitoring session, Anaya's heartbeat remained a little high. This could have been from my nerves, or in a response to her heartbeat getting so low. Either way, it was a relief that it didn't drop again. It did look as though I could have been having small contractions, which is normal at this point as my uterus prepares for what's ahead. I have not dilated at all, and this is a good thing for now.

After chatting with the doctor, we decided maybe her heartbeat dropped because the nurse had me on my back during the 3 minute session. Not flat on my back, but my back nonetheless, which is a bit of a no, no. I should have been on my side.

In order to be cautious, I am monitoring her movements, and we'll go in tomorrow for another scan. My doctor will come in and have a look at the chart once we are done. I have a peace about it, as she is moving as much as ever!

Other than that little scare, everything is good. I am more and more uncomfortable, but I am 9 months pregnant, so it is to be expected. Jon and I are intentionally trying to enjoy our alone time, sleeping in some, napping some, and going on some dates.

Hard to believe the changes that our about to happen for our little family. We are ready!

3 Response to "Made it to 36 weeks. +/-26 days left!"

  1. Angie says:
    January 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

    I've been praying that all is OK. I know you are SO ready to hold Anaya in her arms. And there are about 13 other ladies here in Maputo that can't wait to hold her also!!!

  2. bleedingdaughter says:
    January 29, 2011 at 8:13 AM

    omg! your stomach looks like it might not be attached, like maybe you put a basketball under there:) so awesome. i think its absolutely beautiful and amazing. Gods so cool. i like how he does things. its so weird not being around you, it makes the months go faster, and im thinking, wow! not even 3 weeks left!
    9 months is really fast when its not you! :-P
    praying for yall...

  3. ninismom33 says:
    January 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM

    Looking good;) We're counting down the days!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment