Beautifully Twisted

I sit in this strange place in my life... actually it is normally in a hard metal chair.

I have intentionally surrounded myself with death. Jon and I have felt the Lord's call and direction to sit by the lonely and the dying in their moments of suffering, usually their last moments on this earth. While we would love to see healing and miraculous signs, we have heard the small voice of the Holy Spirit telling us our ministry is ushering the dying into His presence.

And yet in those exact moments, those moments of death, I have this life growing in my tummy... this miraculous little girl. As I sit next to the dying and cry over their pain, nearly overcome with hopelessness, Anaya is in my tummy, moving and squirming and reminding me of life and miracles.

It is strange and beautifully twisted.

This world is not our home.

4 Response to "Beautifully Twisted"

  1. Vicki Says:
    January 13, 2011 at 4:12 PM

    You are a living, breathing, visible paradox, Layne. I pray for those people who surround you -- that they will have eyes to see what God has placed in plain sight before them.

  2. judykprescott says:
    January 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

    Oh! Layne what a picture of life...coming in and going out. You know what is beautiful about it all? For those who are in Christ it will not end with the less happy going out because we will immeadiately "come in" to something more amazing than even our parents experienced the first time ;)

  3. ninismom33 says:
    January 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM

    That bitter-sweetness of life. Those times are so weird. Happy and sad, joy and tears..I know every person from Amelia to Joanna will be waiting to see you in Heaven one day, smiling, not crying. I love you!!

  4. bleedingdaughter says:
    January 18, 2011 at 9:54 AM

    mmm.

Post a Comment