A Couple of Follow-Ups: Breastfeeding and Cloth Diapers

**Apology. Blogger had some problems and the comments were deleted. I saw them, they just did not stay. Boo! I am sorry about that.**

So I wanted to add a little follow-up to my breastfeeding post...

Good News: Anaya is now 11 weeks old and few few things improved, though I've thrown pumping into the mix, which has kind of started me on a new cycle of the awfuls. Anyways, the good news is that your body will eventually regulate, no longer causing the 'Shower Shuffle', or having a fear of boobs exploding (a.k.a. engorgement), and less of need for breast pads.

Bad News: I did start pumping this past week, because Anaya will finally take a bottle after a few minutes of screaming. Now that I am increasing my production, my body is figuring itself out again. Sigh. You only think you feel like a machine when you are breastfeeding, and then you start using an electric pump (or even a hand one)... ummm, can you say humiliating? I can be alone in a room and feel embarrassed, all hooked up with tubes and bottles. The nice part is that you can have a little freedom back, and miss a feeding while someone else steps in.

Side note: Next baby I will give a bottle sooner. I waited until about 10wks or so with Anaya and she hates it. We have had multiple screaming nights, only to end up breastfeeding. She will take a bottle eventually now, but it is not a peaceful process.
______________________________________________________

Here is my Cloth Diaper - Report #3

We had our first leak during the night. This morning I woke up to a wet sheet and blanket. No fun! That is why having 2 sheets is a necessity! I am not really sure what the problem was; I guess she just peed a lot. I think, as I have said before, it will be better when she stops eating once in the night... filling up with the liquid. On a positive note, it has been our only leak in the night.

Double inserts are the key for us, even though she is only 11wks. I've had to put aside my vanity and poof up the diaper. They work. We have had hardly any trouble. I say 'hardly any' because every now and again the leg will be a tad damp, but not like it was. They last a good 3-4 hours.

I feel like we are operating a successful operation, and that is what it is, an operation!

I wash every other day and never run out. I stuff the diapers with inserts right when they come off the line, during a nap time; it only takes a few minutes. I scrub the poopy diapers immediately, and then let soak in cold water for a bit. Stains haven't been a problem so far. The dry bucket is SO much better.

It is not too bad, and not too much work. I am actually pleasantly surprised.

2 Response to "A Couple of Follow-Ups: Breastfeeding and Cloth Diapers"

  1. judykprescott says:
    May 12, 2011 at 4:30 AM

    should you write a book!?

  2. Amy Wilson Says:
    May 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM

    You are a better woman than me. I couldn't do the cloth diapers. But I totally know how you feel with the pumping. I had to do that the first month while Sienna was in the hospital. No fun:( I was oh so happy to stop that when the time came. I had a freezer full of milk. Sadly the excess was for naught as she ended up having a dairy allergy and they were all tainted so to speak with dairy. Ahh, things get easier as they go:) It will be a while before we go for a second lol.

Post a Comment