Little life update

So this will be a Mommy blog about random current things in Anaya and my life.

Cloth diaper update: All is well, and it feels normal to me. During the couple days of the move I did all disposables, as I did not want to take dirty diapers along with me or have to do laundry the day after I got in. I am thankful I did that, but the funny thing is, I am always anxious to get her back in the cloth ones.

She has been waking up wet, which is ticking me off, so I may switch to disposables at night. Ideas anyone? We are in double inserts, and I don't really want to triple it up. I change her diaper between 6 and 7 when she goes to bed. I wake her up to feed her at 10, but she hardly opens her eyes, so I don't like changing her diaper then or I have a very awake baby. Anyways, I'm giving it another shot tonight, but washing jammies for everyday of the week is getting old, too.

Breastfeeding update: Breastfeeding is breastfeeding, eh? Every 3 hours (except sleep time), every day I am committed. I have found bottles aren't too much of a break, since I have to pump when I give a bottle. It can be super inconvenient when I'm out and about. I either have to pump early before I leave and not get a whole bottle, OR pump when I get home, usually later than she'd eat and worry about her next feeding being too small. Humph. We work it out, but let's just say breastfeeding is a full time commitment.

Anaya update: 5 months? Seriously? She is getting so interactive. She chats all the time with her little noises, responds to funny things, is ticklish, tries to grab everything in reach, figured out how to jump in her jumper (you should see her go), if she is close enough she wants to drink and eat whatever we have, rolls both ways, sits for minutes at a time, grabs her toys all around her, can pass things from hand to hand, chews everything, and that's just some of it!



I store up little moments in my heart, like when we snuggle and giggle on the couch, or when we read and talk about how much the Lord loves her, while lying on the floor together. I want to guard and cherish these fleeting moments.



I think we'll start some oatmeal cereal soon, when life slows down... maybe next week? I am sure she is ready. I am also going to get her a little sippy cup and see how she likes it.



Mommy update: I am really enjoying my precious girl and adore being her Mommy. Some days I feel like we've got it down, and I get lots accomplished, while other days I feel like all I can do it keep her happy and clean while my list of "to-dos" piles up. Some days I get a nice dinner made, maybe a dessert, other days it is a grilled cheese night. It all part of this beautiful messy life, and it is good. Even the off-days.

And there are off days... like when Anaya wakes up from her nap, sees me and starts crying. I pick her up and she cries. I put her back in the crib and she screams. Like when she is fussy doing everything, so I tell her fussy girls don't get to stay awake and I put her in her bed. (She cries a bit, but usually falls asleep. Can I do that when I am fussy? I wish!) Or when we are at the hospital and I cannot get her to stop crying every time someone talks to her... yeah, those are short ministry days.

Jon is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. He helps out whenever I need him without complaint. We definitely co-parent, and I feel like we are such a good team; I cannot imagine raising Anaya without him!

Layne time - I have a woman's Bible study group here on Thursday mornings and most weeks Jon can keep Anaya. I cannot tell you how filled up I get during that little break with the ladies; drinking some coffee, eating something sweet, and talking about the Lord. I need a little time to feel like Layne, not Mommy. I put on a non-breastfeeding friendly top, get my hair all done, and some make-up on. It's nice.

Tuesday afternoons I also do my ministry alone in Dermatology, while Jon keeps Anaya. That is my chance to pour out and focus solely on the ladies. Anaya goes with me to Oncology on another day of the week, and we minister together, but it isn't quite the same, as my responsibilities are torn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
So that's life right now. We moved. It's been a lot of work. There is still a lot of work. This house is so much better for us in so many ways... and cheaper. I was felt so blessed walking around today. The Lord has been gracious to us once again.

3 Response to "Little life update"

  1. Louisa Says:
    July 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM

    I love reading about your everyday life, Layne. :)

    Re: your diaper issue... I would first try changing her at 10pm. Inconvenient, I know, but that would be the easiest possible solution.

    It is so good that you make Layne time a priority. That will help keep you from feeling burned out as a mommy - which is a gift to your whole family. You are wise!

    Love ya.

  2. Anonymous Says:
    July 31, 2011 at 6:33 AM

    Yea as Avalon got older we had to do sposies at night. Each kid is different and some wet more than others.

  3. ninismom33 says:
    July 31, 2011 at 2:37 PM

    Anaya Girl!!! SLOW down! You'll be in college when I get to squeeze you at this rate;) She couldn't be any cuter Layne! Counting down the months to see you. Sorry I have NO advice on cloth diapers and breastfeeding:(

Post a Comment