As of Late

So thankfully I seem to have transitioned quickly out of my funk. =)

Last night I enjoyed a date night with Jon, while Anaya stayed with some dear friends. We hadn't been on a date in about 5 months. Crazy! Anaya goes to bed so early (about 7pm) that we have lots of time just the two of us, and just never even noticed the lack of date nights. Needless to say, it was fun to get a little dressed up and splurge on a nicer restaurant. The last time we went to this particular restaurant, I happened to be 39 weeks pregnant with Anaya, which made it fun for reminiscing.

Jon and I have been trying to finish up some projects before Jovie's arrival. Jon made some frames and hung some rice/flour sacks in my kitchen, as well as made a cool pintrest inspired frame for my hallway. I feel like hallways are for family photos, but having concrete walls makes it a little difficult to hang a bunch of individual photos. I'll post some pics soon.

Jon also ran to South Africa and bought us a new washing machine. This Mama is super happy. Our previous washer had been giving us some trouble for the last year, and we kept hoping it would work itself out so we wouldn't have to spend the money, but after days of it not wanting to start, we decided it was time. Prices are so much in South Africa that it is worth the drive. On top of getting a new washer, Jon moved my washer from our detached laundry room to my veranda, right outside my front door! It is super convenient! I feel like I've been washing all day everyday in celebration! Sheets! Towels! Slip covers! Clothes!

I finally finished my bedroom curtains! Before, I would have pounded it out in one night, staying up late. Now... well it took me a little while, but nonetheless, they are done. It feels good for my curtains to match my walls, and I put black-out fabric on them, so our room is nice and dark. I love dark rooms for sleeping! I have also been sorting Anaya's old clothes, getting the 0-3month ones put into Jovie's little dresser.

I've started thinking through a hospital bag. I think I'll try and get that done before Jon leaves on Friday. Talking with a friend this last weekend I realized, things are a bit different here. Well, I guess I knew it, but I was reminded. When you have a baby at the hospital here, you have to bring all your own stuff... like diapers, pads, blankets, wash clothes, body wash, etc. Jon brought a diaper with us to the delivery room. It is possible to get diapers from the pharmacy, but they cost a crazy amount.

Tomorrow my Thursday morning Bible study ladies are having a small baby shower for Jovie and two other precious newborn boys that have recently arrived. A sweet friend, Deanna, is hosting it, and I am so appreciative. There will be a baby shower to write about in Jovie's baby book after all! ;) Since Anaya had three, I think it will be nice to tell Jovie she had one, too, even though I don't need very much.

Friday morning we will get up and take Jon to South Africa to catch a bus to Johannesburg to catch his flight to the States. My friend Lauren is coming along, and we're going to spend two nights at a little missionary guest house. It will be a nice time to chill and pass a little of my "without Jon" time. I'm pretty excited for a girlie vacation. When we get back, I will try and keep my days busy with projects and friends, and time at the hospital. Hopefully the 11 days will pass quickly, and then it will be a 2 week count down to my Mama's arrival! Then it'll be a short wait for Jovie's arrival. Crazy!

4 Response to "As of Late"

  1. Holly Jacks Says:
    May 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM

    I can totally relate to "being in a funk" when Matt has left to go on business trips...especially as we're getting closer to the due date. So glad you'll get some fun time, and a "girlie vacation" while Jon is gone. :) Time is flying by quick, and before you know it, he'll be back...and can't wait for your mom to come visit you! Hugs to you fellow pregnant friend. I'm excited to find out when Jovie comes and our little guy too. :)

  2. Vicki Says:
    May 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM

    I'm glad you have some fun times to look forward to the next few days, Layne. You are such a precious woman to encourage your hubby to go home for his brother's wedding. We are truly grateful to you, and we are praying for yours and Anaya's safe-keeping. Shed a few tears, dry them, and then have a great time with Lauren!
    Love you!

  3. Tara Craver says:
    May 11, 2012 at 4:46 AM

    Have a BLAST with Lauren! Girl time! You know we are all about that!!! ;) And mom is coming so soon! I wish I could sneak in her bag! I hope we have weekly skype dates! I need one soon anyways!! I miss both you and my sweet girl Anaya. It will be so fun having up to date info on Jovie from mom too!! YAY! I love you so very much!!

  4. Heather@Cultivated Lives says:
    May 15, 2012 at 7:10 AM

    I'm so excited that you are having a little shower for Jovie. I'm a firm believer that EVERY baby should be celebrated. I had a few close friends who took me out to lunch with my second and that was so special. I didn't really need anything, but it was fun to just gather together and celebrate that new little life!!!

Post a Comment