Missing Jon

It isn't surprising you notice all of the things your spouse does when they suddenly aren't there. Like picking up the dog poop, taking the trash out on trash day, charging your phone for you, changing the light bulbs, anything and everything electronic, making sure they put out the furnance next door so you don't smell burnt plastic all night long in the bedrooms, does a walk around the house when Gasher barks a lot in the night, etc. Those are just some of the "dos".

That doesn't even touch the huge ways he helps with Anaya, especially lately with me being so far along pregnant. I have had to miss all my Bible studies. We've made it to the hospital like normal but the first time we lasted 30 minutes and the second time 40 minutes. Anaya has had to get used to Mommy doing dishes before bath time. I don't have the sleep in option. And I could go on and on.

Then there are just the comfort habits you make as a married couple... like the way you fall asleep at night. We have bit of routine, and it just desn't work alone. I try watching a show on the computer, but I don't fall asleep the way I do when he is next to me. I've been up until 11 and 12 on a regular basis! The positioning of the pillows just so. Having someone to back up to and never fail grab my bum. ;)

Finally there are the things that typically are a little irritating, but you want back as soon as they are gone. Like the way he drinks nearly a whole pitcher of tea the very day I make it. It has lasted so long this time. Or the way he uses clothes once and then puts them in the dirty clothes. The bin currently has 2 things in it. The cups left around the house. I do it, too, there are just noticeably less right now!

So yeah, Jon lack of prescence around the house is missed greatly. Tuesday couldn't come fast enough!

3 Response to "Missing Jon"

  1. Lynne Hartke says:
    May 17, 2012 at 3:39 PM

    Even after all these years I don't sleep well when my husband is gone. I'm trying to figure out what 3 weeks in July will be like when he is in Indonesia and I am in Arizona in the heat. Hmmm.

  2. bleedingdaughter says:
    May 20, 2012 at 2:09 AM

    awww!!

  3. Nana Vicki Says:
    May 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM

    Oh, Layne, I've thought so many times this week how hard it must be for you to have Jon gone. And I have told SO many people how grateful I am to you that you told him, "You HAVE to go to your brother's wedding," in spite of your very advanced stage of pregnancy. You are a heroic woman of God. Thank you. I miss you and Anaya more than I can tell you, and your precious faces will be sorely missed in the family photos. Can we get the photographers to photo-shop you in????
    I love you honey <3

Post a Comment