Sugar and Spice

Driving into Windhoek I started looking up food places on our handy dandy GPS. Let us take a moment to marvel at wondrous technology… Alright we are back. One place in particular caught my eye: Sugar and Spice Pancake Parlour.

I was immediately was obsessed.

“Jon! We must go!”
“If I had a breakfast spot, I would name it just that!”
“How cute!”
“I love sugar! And I love spice!”

Sure enough, my dear hubby allowed me to indulge myself. This morning we plugged it into the GPS, and off we went! We found it, but guess what? The name had changed! What a shame.

We stayed anyway, and thankfully I believe the menu had remained the same. I got sugar and cinnamon pancakes and Jon got white chocolate and toasted nuts pancakes. Decadent, eh? I know you’re drooling. Turns out pancakes are more what we would call crepes, but good nonetheless.

As we sat at the table I took it all in, the garden, the nice tables, the pretty pancakes dusted with powdered sugar… I knew it would be the last for awhile. And it is okay.

Off we go into Angola, the land where ice cream can cost over $50. ;) Bring it on!

2 Response to "Sugar and Spice"

  1. ninismom33 says:
    February 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM

    What a coincidence - I love sugar and spice too!:) Yay for pancakes/crepes in Angola - the Lord IS good;)So fifty bucks for the ice cream huh? Still worth it sometimes! Love you, xoxo

  2. judykprescott says:
    February 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM

    What a nice treat! Wish we had something like that:)Love ya.P.S.You do have a sweet hubby!

Post a Comment