Climbing out windows

I am known for how frequently I have to use the restroom.

Unfortunately, my bladder is just small, but I have learned to live with it. Last night, as routine, I was going to use the restroom right before bed in hopes of sleeping through the night. At the place we are staying the restroom is detached; it is just a short walk away. I went to unlock the door... oops. The key just spun round and round. Here they use skeleton keys, and it turns out on of the little edges had broken off.

Locked in.

The only way out or in was climbing through the window. What could I do? I went, again hoping that I would sleep through the night.

Nope.

I woke up in the middle of the night and had to go. I tried to talk myself out of it, telling myself that the only reason I felt like I needed to go was because I felt trapped, not because I really needed to. I rolled over, tried to sleep, but it was pointless.

I grabbed my sweater and flip flops, climbed on the chair, then up to the window seal, jumped to the ground, walked to the restroom, went potty, walked back, hiked my leg as high as it could go up to the window seal, grabbed the wall and the window frame, hoisted myself through, climbed down the chair, took of my shoes and sweater, and got back into bed.

This happened not once, but twice.

Phew. We got a new key this morning. Thank you Lord.

3 Response to "Climbing out windows"

  1. Tara says:
    November 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM

    Good golly! That's a lot to go pee! You know it seems after having Teagan I have this same problem! I think I need to go often and I really don't but then I hold it at night and whoah I gotta go bad at some point! I usually make it till about 2 or 3 :)

  2. judykprescott says:
    November 28, 2009 at 6:14 AM

    You crack me up! Be glad your young:)

  3. Vicki Heller says:
    December 1, 2009 at 6:47 AM

    Hahaha! Joab and I deeply sympathize. The other night, Joab had diarrhea all night. This was after he had eaten an entire turkey carcass -- bones and all -- while we irresponsible dog-owners were outside visiting with our new neighbors. Joab sleeps in our bedroom (to keep him out of nocturnal mischief), which meant that when he had to go, he would whine and pace loudly, requiring Dan and me to take turns getting out of bed to go downstairs and let him out. We felt like parents of a newborn. Unfortunately, each trip to the Great Outdoor Potty lasted 15 or 20 minutes, as this particular diarrhea was apparently accompanied by constipation. Word to the wise: never, never, never eat a whole turkey carcass unless you plan to spend the next 24 hours ON a toilet.

Post a Comment