In keeping with tradition...

This morning I decided that I wanted to keep the tradition of setting up the Christmas tree on Thanksgiving weekend, even though I will be moving in approximately 9 days. It is still 9 days, right? (and it is so small I don't mind doing it again once we get to Mozambique)

So Christmas music shall commence, as well as other little things, like movies, maybe cookies, etc.

So here is Jon and my 1st tree in Africa! I think we will wait until we have some little ones to upgrade to a full size.

Thank you "Mr. Price Home" for my 9 ornaments and strand of silver beads. I plan to add a red bow to the top as soon as I can find some ribbon.

Thank you Tara for the cup towel, which I am currently using as a tree skirt, because I have no kitchen. =)

4 Response to "In keeping with tradition..."

  1. judykprescott says:
    November 29, 2009 at 6:20 AM

    Cutest little Christmas tree ever!!! I love that you kept the tradition :)

  2. Lynne Hartke says:
    November 30, 2009 at 2:40 AM

    Love the tree. We might get organized and do our tree tonight. I'm feeling very lazy about that however. We had a lovely time with my sister and family and Nate and Rachel here. Yesterday we went and iceskated on fake ice in downtown Chandler - kinda like a cutting board with slippery stuff on it. It was pretty lame, but still made for memories.

  3. Tara says:
    December 2, 2009 at 6:39 AM

    I love the tree AND the tree skirt! It looks super cute and you go girl. You keep that tree up no matter where you are the whole month! You got it? That thing could be put in your car too standing and all decorated. I love you much!

  4. katie burkett Says:
    December 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM

    I know this was forever ago.... But I love it. I felt a tear pushing it's way out as I read it. I think of this vrs.... when I look at your sweet little christmas tree. "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ" - Philippians 3:8

Post a Comment