First church service back in Africa


This morning Jon and I went to our first church service since being back in Africa. May I tell you that there is just something about singing African voices that stirs me... often to tears. Though I have been here two weeks, it is only today that I have really felt "back".

We sang some familiar songs in Setswana and did a little dancing, of which I probably looked very white. Oh well. I think they appreciate the attempt. =)

After the service we chatted with some older men about the provision of the Lord, and they were quick to encourage us and to reassure us that the Lord would help with getting into Angola. And it is true. He will help us. He is, even now, helping us.

One man spoke of the Lord, and he said to me, "He is a beautiful God. I like Him. It is good to work for Him."

Amen, right? We do serve a beautiful God and it is good, it is good, to work for Him.




1 Response to "First church service back in Africa"

  1. judykprescott says:
    November 24, 2009 at 6:06 AM

    I'm thankful ya'll are happy:) I enjoyed this! I'm praising God about now:) Mama XXXOOO

Post a Comment