The Lord and His Faithfulness

Jon and I have now been in Botswana for close to two weeks, and may I tell you, nothing has gone as planned. As things have slowly begun to unfold, we have begun to see the Lord's handiwork. Frankly, I am surprised, since many times it take months or years to be able to look back on hard times and understand why.

I will not complain though! I am so grateful to recognize His hand early on, and be able to give Him praise. Or wait. I guess we are to give Him praise even during the hard times, right? Humm... is that just hard for me? I am thinking not.

I am learning though, and I hope you are too. The more the Lord has proven Himself faithful, the sillier I feel when I throw one of my "poor me" pity parties, complete with sobbing, snotty nose, and words I quickly wish I could stuff back inside. (They are ugly, trust me!)

Last week I laid in bed crying and crying, unreasonably upset with people, frustrated with my situation. This week I see that the timing of things is perfect. A week earlier, and things would not be falling into place. Without our vehicle being broke into, we would not be getting a vehicle that suits our needs even better.

So next time we, because I am sure I am not alone, have one of our ugly pity parties, let's step back, get a grip, and remember the faithfulness of our Lord.

1 Response to "The Lord and His Faithfulness"

  1. judykprescott says:
    November 20, 2009 at 6:19 AM

    I am so thankful to the Lord for His reminders to us! Thanks for writing...I'm learning too :) Mama XXOO
    Jon did such a beautiful job on your site!

Post a Comment