Wait, wait, and then wait some more

Welcome back to Africa. Remember, Layne, things aren't quite on your time schedule.

Phew. This one is a toughy for me. I am extremely time conscious, and if I am given a time estimate, I expect it to be somewhat in range.

Nope. Not here. This is not new news to me, but it hasn't made it any easier thus far. =/

The other day we had an appointment to get our windows tinted for our vehicle. We purposely set an appointment the day before, so we'd only have to be in town a couple hours. Being in town without a vehicle and trying not to spend much money is difficult, AND we have done it about four or five times in the last two weeks.

8:30am appointment - check!

We asked how long it would take, and they said maybe two or two and a half hours. No prob. We'll grab coffee and check internet, and it shouldn't be too much longer.

Five and a half hours later, we sat on a couch in the business's reception area, watching as they did the back windows.

Then today we had to change the registration of our vehicle to our name. We arrived at the office at nine in the morning, and our ticket estimated a four hour and twenty minute wait. (Yes, I think they should open more than two counters too.) We decided to leave and come back. We came back, giving an hour grace period for cancellations and whatnot.

We missed our number. Not by many, but too bad. I tried to remain calm.

The new ticket estimated our new wait time to be at two hours and twenty-ish minutes. We ran home, grabbed our Kindles to read, and headed back. A little over three hours later, much sweat lost, and many chapters read, our registration was changed.

Get used to it, eh? I am thinkin' I am going to gain some patience... or high blood pressure. I think I'll go with the first.

2 Response to "Wait, wait, and then wait some more"

  1. judykprescott says:
    December 3, 2009 at 5:12 AM

    I'm with you go for gaining patience:) Your cute. Sounds like Africa runs on the same schedule as Mexico!!

  2. Tara says:
    December 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM

    Good thing for those Kindles!! I still love that thing! I think I will wait for them to get "old" and get me one :) Im liking this whole reading thing you can carry and it's flat :) sorry you are having so much waiting! Those who WAIT on the Lord will renew their strength. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint...Trust Laynee Poo, It's all in God's timing...

Post a Comment