Baby Thoughts (not pregnant)

The last couple of posts have been more serious, so this one is a tad lighter.

As we have talked more seriously about starting a family, the whole idea of having a baby has stirred all sorts of things up in me ...

From things like exercising regularly (Thank you Liz for my weights!) and eating healthier to becoming consistent in the Word, especially with my husband as well as cleaning up some bad habits. I figure pregnancy and having a child will be change enough, so I should not wait until then to get on it.

Bringing a child into this world is no small thing. It is a huge responsibility, and I want to be a good steward of that in every way possible.

Jon and I want to raise world changers, lovers of God and I want to start early in their little lives.

In the shower today I was praying to the Lord to prepare my womb and my body to be a comfortable healthy environment for a little one to grow. I am trusting in His timing, though sometimes it has to be quite deliberate since my emotions want it now now, but He knows. ;)

I have chatted with the women at the hospital about wanting a baby soon; they are all so excited for me. I think having a baby here in Africa will be an advantage for my connection with women. Right now they think it strange that I am 25 an still do not have any kiddos; it is just the way of life around here, you have babies. Even the children ask me with puzzled faces if I have any kids yet. Ha! "Not yet," I reply, "but soon, I hope!" It's as if relief washes over them.

Sure I have momentary fears of being pregnant here, but overall I have a peace. If these women can do it, I can do it. The Lord has called me to this place and He will not forget me! He will equip me with everything I need.

Now I will wait upon the Lord, for months or years, it is up to Him!

3 Response to "Baby Thoughts (not pregnant)"

  1. Lynne Hartke says:
    January 23, 2010 at 7:09 PM

    OK Layne, you made me laugh, because I can't imagine anything more serious than having a baby! Talk about a life-changer!

    We are preparing the house for the arrival of 8 teenage boys for Zach's bd. After 5 days of rain, the backyard is too muddy for the planned nerf gun wars. We might have to move to a muddy park instead!

  2. bleedingdaughter says:
    January 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM

    :) im thankful for the peace hes giving you in the waiting time. and i agree with you- God, thank you for the preperation in her body and the working out of daily schedules. i thank you for the environments that their children will grow up in, and for the sound guidance that they will give as they trust you with the little ones.

  3. judykprescott says:
    January 24, 2010 at 6:01 AM

    Oh, I love the thoughts your having and the prayers in advance :) I pray every desire of your heart to be.You are going to be a wonderful mother. Love you.

Post a Comment