Crazy schedules

The other night I did my Jillian Michaels' work out video at 11:45pm... finishing after midnight.

I could not help but think that it was ridiculous. I am too old for this. Phew.

Right now is the African Cup for soccer. It is a big deal. Africans love soccer. As a ministry, we have been showing the games almost every night in the neighborhoods outside the city. During the half times we show testimonies of Christian players and then pastors of nearby churches say a short message.

Because of the times of the games and the work involved in set up and tear down, we do not return home until about 11pm or after. Then we don't get to sleep for awhile later due to showers and checking email... that means we end up sleeping quite late.

It is a strange schedule. I feel more tired.

I shouldn't because we sleep the right amount of hours, but I am off.

I am happy to do it though. It is only for a short time, and then I hope to be back to normal. Exercising at normal times. Sleeping at normal times. Eating at normal times.

And posting blogs more normally. =)


(At one of the games... they like my hair)

3 Response to "Crazy schedules"

  1. judykprescott says:
    January 18, 2010 at 4:53 AM

    Oh my, I love this picture! Enjoy the crazy schedule before children!ha! Ya'll have done a good thing though, wonderful ministry tool! (the games:)) I love your hair too;)

  2. Vicki Heller says:
    January 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM

    How adorable! It reminds me of Jesus saying, "Let the children come to Me." I bet they had their fingers in His hair too. So sweet :-D

  3. bleedingdaughter says:
    January 21, 2010 at 5:18 AM

    :)) every time i read your blog, im reminded of your vision of climbing in trees with the children. and it fills my heart with the weight of beauty- beauty of the glory of His purposes that we have no idea of, but see glimpses, hear faintly, and smell whiffs of.
    my heart is bursting in joy for you and what is down your road!

Post a Comment